Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » ULC Questions & Answers

navigating

• 20 posts
    June 7, 2016 5:51 PM PDT

The older site was much easier to navigate about; on the new one, I cannot do a thing: get my updates; go back to home...

I'm using AOL 9.o and Windows XP.

• June 7, 2016 6:37 PM PDT

You will find that you need to make sure you have your flash software up to date, allow cookies, and understand that the new version is not much more different than ading more fancy graphics. Everything is as before with the addition of forums and a few other modules.

Some will find it a challenge to get around but give it time, and you come to understand it.

• 20 posts
    June 7, 2016 6:53 PM PDT

thanks ed

• June 7, 2016 9:29 PM PDT

Gary your main issue is you are using Internet explorer 6 (which you informed us). Please update if you can to at least 8 or higher. Agreed with Br. Ed, update your flash, allow cookies, clear your cache, and check back with us. the main issue is IE6.

• June 8, 2016 4:09 AM PDT

Gary, I gather the ULCM admins have not read your post correctly. You did mention you are using AOL 9.0 which at one time used to be Netcape Navigator. Just remember, the new website uses a lot of javascript, flash, and other scripts which some browsers do not work well with.

Please remember that it is best that you clear all cache from your browser, enable javascript, flash and be vigilant in your browsing. XP has IE6 but you are using AOL browser. Can I suggest that you get Firefox as it works great with XP. You will find it easy to use. Please make sure that you update all of your browser plugins to the latest version. Flash must be the latest version to work correctly. If you don have the latest version, it will pester you until you do...

I hope this information will be of help.

• 20 posts
    June 9, 2016 2:39 AM PDT

cool

• July 16, 2016 3:25 PM PDT

Why not install firefox. You will find its not a power hog like the Aol browswer which i only use when i need to read my Aol mail.

• 20 posts
    July 17, 2016 11:29 AM PDT

I'll try, but my system is running on Micro XP... I can get ULC on AOL, but my conditions for responses and posts are quite limited.  Thanks

• July 17, 2016 4:21 PM PDT

You should be fine with the firefox. Though there is another browser called palemoon which is just as good.

• September 21, 2016 10:43 PM PDT
    The newer software is very JavaScript intensive and uses a lot of flash. It is more of a memory hog than the older version. You should be able to get Firefox for XP and then add flash, allow JavaScript and all should work. Btw, how much memory does your pc have.