Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

memorial service

• 1 posts
    April 17, 2021 12:45 PM PDT

i am reaching out to my ULC brothers and sisters for some advice and help. i am a very new ULC minister and have been asked to perform a graveside memorial service. the catch is its for my father who passed away 10 years ago of cancer. i told my family about me becoming a minister and they wish me to perform the memorial. this is a very special thing for them to ask and i want to perform this service to the best of my ability. but my brain has locked up and cant seem to find the right things to say. any help would be so much appreciated.

THANK YOU

MINISTER ROY

• May 1, 2021 7:44 AM PDT

Hello Roy,

just happened to find your request. Maybe my suggestions will help you => After everyone has gathered at your father's grave, begin with a short, free prayer with which you can also thank God that you have all come together. Perhaps read the Gospel of the day. Afterwards, summarize the essence of your father's stations. In a moment of silence, let everyone "relive" the deceased. Everyone should "see" and "hear" him as they knew him. Again, a short, free prayer follows, in which you also include those present. Then bless the tomb and those present. Everyone can also stand in front of the grave one more time to say goodbye. Thank you all for coming.

Best regards from Germany

Peter

https://PeterSchmalenbach.beepworld.de