Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

• 1 posts
    December 29, 2016 8:55 PM PST

I'm from Nebraska and have been asked to offiate my first wedding in late January early February.  This is for my son and our future daughter-in-law.  Now, of course I am not charging them.  LOL!  But what does everyone else perform weddings for, or I guess any type of ceremonies or do you not charge any fees?  I do belong to a FACEBOOK page in my area for weddings and there has been some discussion, but no one really comes right out and says an exact amount.

Thoughts, ideas, whatever is greatly appreciated!

• April 25, 2017 9:12 PM PDT

I am in Las Vegas, Nevada and the average rate for an officiant here is $60 and usually tip is customary. The tip is completely up to the couple and/or their family.

I personally don't charge for friends and family.

I hope this helps.

• 37 posts
    April 26, 2017 8:01 AM PDT

[blockquote]Teresa Johnson said:

I'm from Nebraska and have been asked to offiate my first wedding in late January early February.  This is for my son and our future daughter-in-law.  Now, of course I am not charging them.  LOL!  But what does everyone else perform weddings for, or I guess any type of ceremonies or do you not charge any fees?  I do belong to a FACEBOOK page in my area for weddings and there has been some discussion, but no one really comes right out and says an exact amount.

Thoughts, ideas, whatever is greatly appreciated!

[/blockquote]

This depends on many qualifiers. For instance in a very basic and simple local wedding, I have a base Stypend request. includes wdding ceremony, short plan/rehersal/, and a pre-marital consuling session. Base is $125.00. USD.

Above this depends on wedding size, location, number of planning sessions. number of cosuling sessions. How much coordinatin I do with the planning, i.e. contacting caterer, booking hall,  etc. etc. Anything I can do to alliviate the stress off the Groom/Bride.  I hold a cap of $1200.00 plus travel, lodging, and expenses. 

Expensives can also include vestments, stoles of bridal color,  costuming [i.e. star trek, lord of the rings, colonial america, zulu, smurfs, deadpool and colosus...etc...], certificates, anything else you need for the ceremony.

does that help?

• 37 posts
    April 26, 2017 8:03 AM PDT

[blockquote]Rev. Roger Hamilton said:

I am in Las Vegas, Nevada and the average rate for an officiant here is $60 and usually tip is customary. The tip is completely up to the couple and/or their family.

I personally don't charge for friends and family.

I hope this helps.

[/blockquote]

Natuarlly it's Vegas...A wedding mill. If you do 20 weddings today you. pocket a decent check.

• 37 posts
    June 13, 2017 3:37 AM PDT

One thing to keep in mind, the money you recieve for a wedding or whatever ceremony it is, is money that is given in free will and respect. You should be very clear as to what you need as a Minimum. It is also okay that if you wish you can even fix a maximum.  Rember that many factors can come into play. If travel is required, the person or persons responcible for paying for the wedding needs a to pay for your travel and lodging as well as any meals directly associated with the services, like the rehersal dinner, and reception, maybe even the breakfast with the parents. Plus any planning dinners/lunches. If there is any extras like they wish you to were vestments the reflect the bridal colors, i.e. stole that is pink and teal with a teal chasubul and pink clergy shirt, that is going to be like an added $600 or more.

Doing the wedding is one thing, being ask for extras, well if you do not already have them, you will after that wedding. Be always flexible but if they cannot afford what they ask, the Bride needs to be flexible with you too, or they need to cover the costs of the extras.

Joseph 

• 1 posts
    January 24, 2019 9:38 AM PST

I generally charge a fee of $125 for a one time meeting, no rehearsal, straightforward script slightly customized, under 25 miles travel.

After that, the fee goes up depending on special vestments, travel over 25 miles, accommodation if required, rehearsal included and all the way up to and including no-limit phone conversation & edits to ceremony.  

For a local ceremony, customized, rehearsal, 3 meetings, unlimited phone/email conversations my fee would be $200.

For travel of 75 miles each way, customized, rehearsal, unlimited phone/email conversations, special vestments my fee would be $575 minimum with accommodations and meals on top if required.

• 1 posts
    November 25, 2020 2:54 PM PST
    I find nothing wrong with that you're providing a special service to people it would be different if you were charging people to save their souls or lead them to Christ that's different I see nothing wrong with the basis of your prices or services