Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Introduce Yourself

What Brought me Here

• 1 posts
    June 26, 2016 7:03 PM PDT

I have been feeling the call to minister for a few years now, after years of success and ambivolence to Religeon I was redirected in my faith after a tragic accident I was blindsided with mortality and torn between material success and spiritual well being. I had a new family and a new child on the way I chose to hide my angst and disdain for myself behnd my company to hide from the facts of what happened. In order to get to my point By the way I lost everything if you were wondering. Now the important part. I was sitting in church with my family for easter as the Passion was being read I felt GOD enter me it was the most calm relaxing feeling a person can have I felt him enter from my head to my toes  with all the going on around gone silent, as clear as day God told me everything will be ok I had my doubts about what just happened to me but I knew it did I asked for some sort of verification of what just happened and sure enough God came to me again a few days later he woke me straight out of a deep sleep he told me to read the book of Job what a paralell to what I was going through I never thought I would be here telling this story as I have kept this private for over 4 years. I hope this experience will help people discuss these experiences as I think it is hard for people to tell these stories as it is hard to understand them unless you experience it yourself.

Today I am a different person I dont need the material belongings I talk to god every day and he gives me everything I need This keeps me at peace. Talk to God he listenes.

Minister Keith

• July 2, 2016 11:39 PM PDT

Dear Brother Keith

That is a remarkable story and I  especially  like  the  balance of  it.  That is,  you  not  only  had  an experience  but  also a revelation of  scripture.  Keep  this  balance  up  for  if  we  are  all experience,  we  could  become misguided and  if  we  are  all  head  knowledge  we  will  live  in  Ivory  towers not  touching the  needs  of  others.  May G-d increase your calling.

Shalom  Chaplain Julz

^ I [G-d] will  pour out my Spirit on ALL  flesh. ^

• 3 posts
    July 4, 2016 1:04 PM PDT

What a beautiful experience!

• July 5, 2016 9:52 AM PDT

Hi everyone.  My name is Princellae. I am looking to work in Prison Ministry and am also looking for someone to give me ideas to be successful or if there is any group connected with ULC specifically that works with Prison Ministry.  I have looked on the site and don't find a link of any  kind so I wonder if I overlooked it.  Need some HELP.  Thank you.  Have a great day.  Princellae

• 3 posts
    July 5, 2016 10:20 AM PDT
  • July 6, 2016 10:09 AM PDT

Hi Keith.  I had a similar experience in my early 30's. I understand what you are talking about. God is fulll of MERCY and GRACE.  I had given up on mankind and very distraught about how we hate and treat one another.  I learned you have to be careful what you ask for as well as mind what you think.  All of my experiences are one-on-one and personal.  The crown of your head to the soles of your feet I do understand. Mine lasted for months till I could not take too much more, because I WAS OVERCOME WITH JOY.  I was thinking if there is such a thing as love I wanted to know what that feels like because I wasn't seeing it.  Well he granted me my wish and I thought I had flipped a digit and that I must be imagining things and sure enough IT happened instantly just as it had came before. I could say a lot more but this is not the forum to do so. I do know that we should never sell GOD short or be unattentive  in thought, word or deed.  He hads wonders that he can and will perform beyond our puny imagination.  It pays to kep the company of God and to think of HIM often for when he denies us of his presence it is sorely felt nd that is a sad place to be.  Thank you for sharing your thought and experience.  You are not alone. Peace and mercy.  Another day to get it right.  Princellae

• July 7, 2016 2:34 PM PDT

This may sound strange but the calling to Minister first started out in a dream. I am guessing this was the only way he felt that he could get my attention at that point in my life. In my early to mid-20's my life was spinning out of control I had a disfunctional marriage an so forth. In this dream he told me everything I was trying to ignore. Well let's just say the lessons of not listening when told to do something were a hard one infact until this day it still felt like he smacked me in the back of the head an said daughter you better get it together before I move onto the next step. But anyhow my point is that this was the beginning of a long spiritual journey over the following year after this I got my faith in him really tested an he maked to make sure that I learned right from wrong an to listen to his teachings or else we will be taught the hard way one way or another. Now after 15 years have past since that moment I see things way differently an appreciate what lessons an changes he has brought my way. When I hit my bottom a finally gave into his request an started doing things the way God attended for me too he started showing me what my real purpose here on Earth was. I am sure I have totally lost some of you by this point but now I look back on that moment and I am completely a changed person. I lay in bed every night an thank him for the day an for the many blessings he has given me that day an everyday before an I don't take for granted everyday he does give me. I know every second from everyday I try to teach others to trust an believe in him. And once in an while if I happen to make a mistake I know he will correct or call me out on it without waiting even if it's something simple as taking on to much he manages to step in to slow me down an remind me that I am just human an I was sent here to preach his teachings an that I myself still have so much to learn from this day forward. The greatest things about being a minister is that not only am I teaching but I am also constantly learning about different things that I would of ignored before the major changes that he brought into my life. It's like taking a car to the shop to get a complete overhaul that's about what it felt like for me he completely had to re-program me. Now I have my beautiful children an people that do love me for whom I am unlike before.

• July 7, 2016 5:25 PM PDT

Welcome fellow  Ministers Marie, Princellae and  Brandi,

I enjoy reading these personal accounts and am reminded  how  G-d  still  speaks  in  a  still  small  voice  and  that  is  encouraging  in  our  day  and  age.

Shalom  Chaplain Julz

^ I [G-d] will  pour out my Spirit on ALL  flesh. ^