Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Introduce Yourself

Greetings and salutations

• 1 posts
    June 30, 2016 5:21 PM PDT

Hello. I am terrible at social interaction, so I don't expect to do much of it here, but I felt I should at least introduce myself. I have been ordained since 1999 and have since taken many confessions, performed last rites and funeral services, and acted as spiritual and secular guide for many whom I met in my years as a vagabond priest. Events in my life have caused me to rethink my stance on marriage (I have always been opposed to it, philosophically) and intend to begin performing ceremonies as a part of my ministry in the near future.

I consider myself generally "areligious", though not exactly atheist nor agnostic. I have experienced many things in my journey which lead me to feel that not only is there something more than just this mundane existence, but that there are things greater than our meager human efforts and accomplishments worthy of respect, at the least. I respect the belief of all up to the point at which they inflict them on others. In such a grand universe, the nature of its diversity should be evidence enough that there is always more than one way, so others should be able to traverse it in such fashion as they need without anyone else insisting they do it differently.

Well, that's more than I have said to anyone not in my house in years, so I shall curtail this ramble.

Best of Fortunes,
    M

• July 2, 2016 11:22 PM PDT

Hi Brother "M"

You  took  the  step  to break  out  of  your  comfort  zone  so  thanks.  I  do  like  your  term  "vagabond priest" and  how  needed  the  "vagabond priest  is.  And  I  do  like  what  you  had  to  say  about  variety  in  the  universe  extending  to  religious  expression  as  well -  good  thought.

Welcome

Shalom,  Chaplin  Julz

^ I [G-d] will  pour out my Spirit on  all  flesh. ^

• 3 posts
    July 4, 2016 1:02 PM PDT

Hello there and welcome! Social interaction can be a difficult thing, especially when religion, faith, or spirituality come into topic. I am new here myself, but from what I have seen, it is a place of acceptance and diversity.

• July 4, 2016 10:14 PM PDT

It  is  Marie and welcome :)