Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

Abbreviations in Profiles

• May 17, 2018 3:20 AM PDT

While looking through profiles of fellow ministers I have noticed the regular use of abbreviations. Most of the abbreviations used I have managed by a process of elimination to understand. However, after searching through the ULC site for hours, and hours, there are two which still leave me puzzled and intrigued. So, can any Brother, or Sister out there advise me what the abbreviations "OCC" and "NCO" refer to ?

This is a gap in my understanding that I really need to fill. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance

Kind regards

Rev. Rob Murphy

• 1 posts
    September 24, 2018 7:15 PM PDT
    I have wondered the same thing, Rob. It doesn’t appear that you’ve gotten any answers, either, in the last four months. One of the ones I’ve seen that catches my interest is S.O.S.M.A. (?)
    • 19 posts
    December 20, 2018 9:19 AM PST

Steve: SOSMA is Society(?) Of (?) St. Michael the Archangel. If you message Ralph, he will usually answer on that. He answered me, several months ago.

Robert sorry, I have info on those 2. Try private message or direct post to member involved (go to their 'personal page' to post from there) will give the 'arrow' symbol on your post -- PM from their page will not show on public board, AFAIK.

• December 28, 2018 8:10 PM PST

NCO may be the military abbreviation for Non-Commissioned Officer.