Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Introduce Yourself

New From Port Washington, Wisconsin

• October 12, 2018 6:40 AM PDT

Hello,

I was raised as a Catholic. My mom was raised as a Catholic. My dad was raised a Lutheran. They were married in a Catholic church which caused friction with my Grandfather. He was Lutheran so he did not come to the ceremony. My parents grew up in strict religious households. I started going to Catholic CCD classes but stopped because I have a learning disability. I could not keep up with the reading material. We drifted away from the Catholic Church after my Grandma passed away in 1984.

I became a fan of Sylvia Browne and read a few of her books and listen to her tapes. It was easier to listen to audio tapes because I have dyslexia. in 2012 I was diagnosed with Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) also known as Dyspraxia. I read some of the material  from The Society of Novus Spiritus and listened to a few of their services, but I didn't join their church.

I was always fascinated with weddings. I video taped many wedding ceremonies. My nieces got married by non denominational wedding chapels. I asked a wedding officiant, "How does one become a wedding officiant?". She told me about ULC and here I am!