Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

Racism on ULC blog

• December 28, 2018 8:17 PM PST

Sisters and brothers, I have become very disheartened by the racist attitudes on our minister's blog about asylum seekers. It is shocking to see so many "ministers" who do not take the worlds of some of the most esteemed prophets to heart about loving others. These passages are very relevant even though I do not embrace Christianity anymore and prefer to be more spiritual: “Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.” (Exodus 23:9); “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me”’ (Matthew 25:25-36). What do you sisters and brothers think about those who purport to be ministers yet absolutely speak words of hatred for those indigenous peoples seeing asylum? 

• December 28, 2018 8:19 PM PST

In addition to the above comment, I have found that even though The ULC "blog" regarding various topics such as asylum seekers, etc. the moderator allows foul language and cuss words. I am not a prude by any means, but it seems to be out of place on our site. What do you think?

• 10 posts
    December 29, 2018 11:15 PM PST

I find displays of one presenting themselves to another in a way that is, rude or offensive towards another, very unfortunate and that they are disrespecting themselves greatly.  To offend others is not the path of light and disrespectful towards their ordainment with ULC.  

• 19 posts
    January 14, 2019 10:33 AM PST

Catherine - Sorry I did not see this earlier. Glad you brought it up.

I believe racism is wrong, in any guise. Any attempt to degrade or diminish someone perceived as "different" is a reflection on the speaker/author, not their intended victim. It should never not be challenged when seen; challenge is the right thing to do. Sometimes we who are not of a deeper shade skin color may not recognize when racism is shown. Some may not recognize when sexism is on display. I would appreciate it when someone who does see or feel it, point or call it out. That is the only way we Americans will overcome the institutionalized degradation of those of us who are not "blessed" (or "afflicted"(?)) with white male privilege; we must educate, inform, make people aware (because it is not only males who are "guilty" of such ignorance). As for foul language I agree it is occasionally over the top enough to be "crude", IMO. I have not seen that as often though, have you"? 

And, as for it being a "ministers' board", I have heard some say they don't take it very seriously. I find that very disheartening. 

Peace, please continue to contribute in forums, blogs, or 'Home' page posts. Blessed be. 

• 21 posts
    July 4, 2019 7:58 PM PDT
    That you have overblown and made all this up to create strife like real witches in sheeps clothing do. Half the world thinks women are out of control, shouldnt vote or be in offices and in the united states, women and miniorities proved it. Thats why they are mad. They made a big mess and now thier evil butt has to sit in it with syphilis, tb and lizbins who are mentally deranged.
    • 19 posts
    July 5, 2019 6:33 AM PDT

@SonsOfMercy - thanks for showing your true colors. Your disconnect from reality is quite amazing. 

• July 5, 2019 12:17 PM PDT

This is unacceptable and is not the purpose of ULC as a whole. We are a combination of many faiths and beliefs united for one cause to be able to freely use our gifts to help others achieve things like marriage, Baptisms, Blessings, etc. In case no one notices when you join here there is a vast wealth of religious symbols from all walks of life on here right on the top of the web page. If you have those views then so be it but as long as one associates with the ministry we should not be promoting such behavior. I swear and drink and am not your typical reverend but, I do not ever promote hate, racism or negativity of any kind. United we stand divided we fall and that is fact. When I throw on my Minister gear I am full professional because I know when people see ULC I am not just a reverend I am representing all of us as a whole and that is a huge responsibility. This is not something to be taken lightly or else it all looks like a big joke. Have we not learned from all that the Catholics and Christians are going through right now because of several bad eggs. When you let even one person represent your church or group in a bad way it reflects on everyone.

• 10 posts
    July 6, 2019 9:17 PM PDT

I most definitely agree with Gail and Cosimo 100%.  May we all work together towards peace for all.  May peace be with all.

• August 12, 2019 2:13 PM PDT

What you seem to not be getting, is 1 Timothy 5:8. What this states is that one must take care of their own home, first, or they are denying the faith. On the lower scale, we must first take care of our own people, first.

If a city is a "sanctuary" for illegals, but it is not first taking care of it's own homeless, and as a Veteran, I'm biased to homeless veterans, then those people are denying the faith, by putting others first, before putting their own "house in order." We cannot feed the entire world, and God doesn't expect us to. We start small, with our own house. We move up to our neighborhood and community, up to the city, and the globe, as resources are available. We don't just jump to the globe, and ignore those immediately around us. 

Also, when there have been showings, in multiple states, that illegals are voting, then requiring IDs isn't racist. It's to make sure that the people who need the help are getting it from our taxes, not people who will take the money, and send it back to other countries, at our expense. Here, here, and here are just a few examples of the voter fraud.

Also, there are numerous deportations, which likewise, isn't a crime. That's the punishment for committing a crime! But, maybe the (at the time) murder of the mother of a 6-day old baby by an illegal isn't such a big crime?

There's a difference between actual hate crimes, and hiding behind the lies of claiming hate, when there are very legit reasons to not want certain people in our borders.

• 21 posts
    October 3, 2019 10:16 AM PDT
    I turn in everybody i see helping them and here, we have to be careful about it because some of our cops run them for cash and get really mad. They can not really ever be US, we are not a special school or reformatory, we are keystone species that nature did not leave behind and thats a big part of it. Some are trying to compete US out and the despicably stupid do the only thing they can, have tons more despicably stupid babies and try to ghetto us out. The united nations is attacking many advanced countries with their "migration replacement program" (you read that right) and have already made critical messes of california, florida and texas.....now the plagues will build up and thats what happens with invading primitives - people bury them or bury their own with them...guess which tragically happens most? Arizona and utah are right there with the top 3 and go serve anywhere else you can this flu season if possible. Smallpox, superbugs and flesh eating parasites are coming in, along with resistant tb and everything else. That is reason enough right there to stop the un bio bombs at the gate - not spread them all around the country at night in busses like they are. There is nothing "natural", "god" or "people" about this. We are being aggressively attacked
  • November 14, 2019 10:34 PM PST

I could speak words in the HOLY SPIRIT to this topic but Im subject to what he says so I Will hold peace at this time in my Brother......

• November 28, 2019 11:10 PM PST

I believe that everything begins with god. when we let the world take reign over what god has reign over, then we allow our hearts to be hardened. that transference makes the connectivity of our circle as ordained ministers turn in a broken link. lets start with ourselves. people will always be people but a leader can change anything. Blessings my brothers and sisters.

• December 11, 2020 2:04 PM PST

racism has no place with those who are true to the way of Jesus Christ or God. we are all God's people and we should respect each other.

• 1 posts
    January 25, 2022 9:12 AM PST
    I believe in doing what you can, but not ignoring your own community' s needs. I see both sides of this. I have learned that God only expects me to do what I've been equipped to do presently. I agree we should keep our hearts open, and work within our parameters. I like this quote from Emerson: " tend the plot you're given.". Peace!