Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

Starting a non profit organization

• 4 posts
    March 14, 2019 12:12 AM PDT

I am starting a non profit organization to help the needy here in the United states and i plan to go international. I have some good ideals to raise money but would like to hear some ideals from my fellow ministers, I would also like some input in areas the money should go to

• April 8, 2019 7:23 PM PDT

First off, make sure you get your 501 (c) (3) recognition through the IRS and document everything received and given. Most of the time, the IRS doesn't take too kindly to non-profits. As for ideals, fundraising shouldn't be too difficult and what I tend to do is make it clear where the money is going and how it will be distributed. Keep in mind that if you cancel your non-profit, any money you raise, cannot be kept by yourself so you would have to make sure that the money gets completely exhausted (donated) or start another non-profit. I used to work for John Hagee ministries and they would often start coat drives, "fill the cup" campaign where donations would fill up an offering plate and money would go to Evangelism (i.e. Bible purchasing/donating).