Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Prayer Requests

• August 5, 2019 10:14 AM PDT

EVERYONE. This man came into my yard a couple hours ago and offered to cut my grass
    for a certain price. I didn’t have enough money today to afford that on top of everything else, and I told him to come back in a week. A few minutes ago I hear a loud noise outside of my house. I opened the door, and noticed that he was cutting my grass. I went running out to him and yelled for him to stop... he shook his head no. He told me that he saw my kids playing in the yard and was worried about snakes being in the grass and biting them because the grass was too tall. I again told him to stop because I couldn’t pay him. He said that he didn’t need to be paid, he had grandchildren and that he hoped someone would look after them in the same way. I was brought to tears. I hugged him. We talked about different struggles we’ve had in life and he told me that this is what the news doesn’t report. He told me the news doesn’t report the black neighbor helping out the white neighbor because it isn’t good for the network to make money. I told him that he has a good heart. I told him I wish more people on earth were like him. We hugged again. He is still outside cutting my grass and it’s dark now. I am so grateful to have him as a new friend. His name is Johnny and he lives in Taylors, South Carolina. He cut my grass for free tonight because he was worried about my children playing outside in the tall grass. I hope he gets the recognition he derserves.