Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » General Discussion

prayer in school or in sports?

• December 13, 2020 3:54 PM PST

I would like to know what all you think of prayer in school or sports? As of right now students can't say the pledge of allegiance anymore in school. What are your thoughts.  As for me I feel we should allow a moment of silent, and those that want to pray can do so.

A year ago I was a supervisor a job site, I had a young man that was Muslim and he told me he had to pray 5 times a day. Which he work the day shift with me, out of respect for his belief and his religion. I let him pray, which it did not bother me one bit.

As  for school I feel these children need some prayer in their lives, because of the things they might be going through.

So give me your thought

• July 24, 2021 2:36 PM PDT

I believe it should be mandatory.

• 4 posts
    July 26, 2021 4:32 AM PDT

I'm not sure I'd say prayer should be mandatory. I think it should be an option, however, for children of faith to have a moment to do any prayers important to their religious beliefs. Not all children are religious or even spiritual  For them, a moment of silence could still be handy to collect their thoughts- but they might be uncomfortable if they're told it's time specifically to pray...