Welcome to the ULC Minister's Network

Forums » Comparative Religions

Universal Spirituality, Omnism, and the Illusion of Separation

• 2 posts
    October 4, 2017 12:04 AM PDT
    If we look at the common threads within all religions, from the perspective of Omnism. The division between Pagan and Christian beliefs are actually bridged. It is societies internal struggle with the Ain/Soph and Maternal descent that has resulted in struggles with ones own sexuality. And caused the questioning of such topics as same sex marriage and transgender issues. Would love to hear your thoughts? Opinions? Blessings
    • 2 posts
    October 7, 2017 8:52 AM PDT
    In summation, perhaps it's not God that is the reason for such division in our society but rather Maternal descent or our failure to cherish the Goddess as his other half?
    • 14 posts
    September 30, 2018 9:46 AM PDT
    Frankly, Clifford, and with no disrespect meant, I am at at a loss trying to find a coherent thought in your posts. As a Jew and as a rabbi, I am well aware of how Judaism understands Ein Sof, but I have no idea of what is your concept of Ein Sof. Nor have you explained what you mean by maternal descent or why you find it to be problematic.

Finally, as a Jew, I, of course, reject the concept of there being a goddess.
    This post was edited by Rabbi O at October 11, 2018 9:27 AM PDT
  • November 3, 2022 5:03 AM PDT

We all are brothers in one same Universe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukdv0BU98o

separation is not an illusion, as we only leave in our internal model of the universe we build in our brains. Never any though can go outside or inside our brains without communication. This means thinking the tough, build a message, choose a canal, make the message through this canal, transport the message to one another, capture the message decode the symbols in the appropriate form, decode the message with grammar and memory, reconstruct the thought...

This show how real the separation is and cannot be an illusion.

But in the same time, we all are brothers in a same universe and maybe in a same soul or spirit. If "personality" is only an impermanent construction, then we can feel the illusion of separation... But they whom believe in impermanent believe in the same time in returning to emptiness. And thus separation is a non-sensed proposition, as there is noting to separate...

No ?

• November 3, 2022 5:06 AM PDT

[blockquote]Clifford Oliver said: In summation, perhaps it's not God that is the reason for such division in our society but rather Maternal descent or our failure to cherish the Goddess as his other half?[/blockquote]

This is also my opinion. All religious "visible" fact is only cultural and human fact added by men. We should search for the fundamental and transcendent basis of the divinity.

Brotherly

Rev. Jean-Anasthase